November 16, 2022, 13:00 - 16:30 ET (SOLD OUT)
This half-day session will be run online via Zoom on Eastern Time (US & Canada). If you live in a different region, be sure to look up your meeting time.
The masterclass combines focused talks, hands-on activities, and group discussion, with unique support material. Access details will be emailed shortly before the event after sign-up.
Looking for organisational bookings? Contact us for availability and pricing.
Frameworks are often the most visible manifestation of a team’s understanding and are assumed by client's and audiences to embody a disproportionate amount of project value. Optimal frameworks reframe and refocus the audiences attention as part of a larger narrative. Sub-optimal frameworks distract the team and audience and undermine confidence in other deliverables.
The time pressures of fast-paced corporate projects often lead to framework generation being a last-minute activity, resulting in sub-optimal, immature, and inappropriate frameworks. There is a better way.
Framework Darwinism is the Studio D approach to generating conceptual and evidence-based frameworks to inform and inspire organisations. We’ve refined this process over dozens of client projects to ensure that it works in online/offline environments, with in-person and remote teams.
The approach covers:
- The role of frameworks and how their purpose changes over the course of a single project
- Identifying team knowledge and skill gaps for optimal framework generation
- Surfacing frameworks, tracking their evolution over time
- Identifying the optimal framework format for the subject matter and audience
- Bias identification and mitigation
- Stress-test evidence supportive frameworks
- Build a framework portfolio to drive organisational narratives
BENEFITSPrimary benefits include:
- Can be applied to any primary (quant-, qual-) or secondary research process where data and information collection is ongoing
- Generates mature, conceptual and evidence-supported frameworks to inform and inspire how organisations think and what they act
- Builds team and client buy-in
ONLINE MASTERCLASS FORMAT
The masterclass will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing with hands-on break out activities—as well as allocated time for conversations drawing on collective wisdom of the participants.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
The masterclass is for anyone who is responsible for the systematic collection and organisation of data, to inform and inspire how organisations think and act. This includes designers, strategists, researchers and a wide range of corporate functions.
ABOUT YOUR HOST
The Field Study Fundamentals Masterclass is lead by Jan Chipchase, the founder of Studio D, the author of The Field Study Handbook the definitive guide to running international research projects. His next book is about how people and organisations think and act.
Studio D provides discreet research, design and strategy projects for commercial clients with a global remit. He previously founded and built the global research operations practice at frog design, across eight global studios, and started his career in Nokia, where he became Principal Scientist in the Tokyo Research Laboratory.