Resilience / Ubud Retreat - Apply
We believe that more resilient humans make better leaders.
Resilience / Ubud provides intensive training to explore the fundamentals of emotional resilience, specifically designed for startup founders and leaders.
As founders of high growth startups and leaders of fast paced teams, we can be both our company’s greatest asset and its weakest link. The knock-on effects of neglecting wellbeing leads to team attrition, stunts growth potential and increase the likelihood of failure.
You’ll learn how to expand your capacity for confronting fears, cultivating calm amidst chaos and reveal the traits that separate resilient leaders from those who are prone to experience burnout.
It takes courage to start this conversation. The rewards come to those who are willing to step up and work on themselves.
Mornings are focused and interactive sessions, afternoons include immersive activities around Ubud that make the most of the vibrant Balinese locale to reinforce learnings.
We've secured a beautiful villa nestled amongst expansive rice fields to provide an nourishing backdrop for personal reflection and recalibration on the broader questions of work and life.
Sessions are highly interactive and draw on the hosts and attendees experience from leading teams in diverse settings—from fast-paced startups to larger scale operational teams.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the difference between recovery and resilience strategies and how to integrate these into a busy calendar.
- Develop your emotional quotient (EQ), somatic awareness and capacity for inner-resourcing.
- Build neuroplasticity for becoming less reactive in stressful scenarios.
- Identify subconscious triggers that lead to being emotionally overwhelmed.
Learn actionable strategies for emotional regulation and how to mine difficult experiences for insight and enhanced self-awareness.
- Practice simple resilience-building techniques including micro-meditations, breathworks that shift your nervous system out of fight flight into a state of calm.
- Invest in your own resilience and self-awareness to help mitigate burnout and, through better focus, improves your capacity to execute.
Integrate resilience practices into your day when you return home.
- Effectively show up as a leader who consistently invites the best from your team and inspire them to prioritise their own physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
You'll leave knowing how to remain centred in challenging environments, hold space for your team and embrace your leadership potential.
26th - 29th October 2020 (3 nights)
We’ve booked a beautiful villa located in the uplands of Bali that combines a modern architectural aesthetic with Javanese antiques and the comfort of a French farmhouse.
Ubud is known for its picturesque rice terraces, as a showcase for sustainable design, a home of culinary inventiveness and for the warmth, creativity and generosity of spirit of the locals.
The venue is in the rolling hills around Ubud. It’s an hour drive from Denpasar airport.
Space is limited to fourteen attendees and spots are offered by application only.
Studio D Retreats attract people from diverse backgrounds and life stages. Past attendees have included designers, researchers, filmmakers, strategists, founders, VCs, and security specialists, from independents to those working for some of the world's most interesting organisations. All have an international mindset and many are looking to broaden their network of likeminds, skillset and world view.
We also offer a fellowship for a local attendee. Suitable candidates can apply here.
We will post instructions on how to get there in our Welcome & Logistics document shared with attendees after booking.
$3,350 USD including:
- Four days of informing and inspiring talks and walks
- Three nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners, plus a Balinese banquet dinner on the second evening
Excluded in costs: flights, travel to venue and insurance.
We’ll operate popup studio style accommodation, including taking turns to cook breakfast and generally look after ourselves. Attendees will share gender split rooms. We have full run of the Ubud villa, so if you want more privacy take your mattress to a corner and make it your own.
Sessions will be in English. For newcomers to Indonesia, we’ll provide ample instructions on how to get there.
Free time can be spent wandering around the Sacred Monkey Forest, exploring the local museums and temples, soaking up the creative atmosphere in the cafes or simply kicking back in the villa.
For those that wish to extend their trip and are feeling adventurous, Jonny is a resident in Bali and will be heading to the east coast fishing village of Amed for a freediving trip following the retreat, and will be extending an invitation for others to tag along. There are also some superb volcano hikes and waterfalls to be found in the north of the island for those wishing to do some solo exploring. This will be self-organised as a group and pay-as-you-go—we'll coordinate well before the event.
Please read our cancellation and refund policy before booking.
All attendees are required to sign a risk waiver.
Reach out if you have any questions.
WHO ARE WE?
Through Studio D, Jan provides research, design and strategy services to clients with a global remit and has developed a protocol for both managing teams in stressful environments and operating under high degrees of uncertainty.
Jonny is an advisor to Studio D, helping our teams become more resilient as we navigate challenging environments.
We hope to see you at the Resilience Retreat / Ubud, Bali!
—Jan & Jonny
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device