Sensemaking For Impact, Masterclass
Sensemaking for Impact is available for organisational bookings.
Contact us for availability and pricing.
What does a team need to generate inspired, prioritised insights, and ensure consistently high quality deliverables? Studio D takes a holistic approach to sensemaking to bring the best out of the team on fast paced international research projects.
The masterclass is led by Studio D Founder, Jan Chipchase and draws on his experience of delivering over a hundred projects for multinational corporations, nonprofits and start-ups.
MODULE 1: MAKING SENSE OF SENSEMAKING
Provides an introduction to the Studio D Sensemaking culture and process. The module includes:
- Identifying challenges
- Sensemaking principals
- Mindset and culture
- Identifying and mitigating biases
- Staying on top of large volumes of qualitative data
- Teams and spaces
- Finding the optimal ratio between data collection, sensemaking and applying what is learned.
- Transitioning from data wall to report wall to reporting
MODULE 2: FRAMEWORK DARWINISM
This module shares the Studio D approach to generating evidence based frameworks that inform and inspire. We apply a highly iterative “Framework Darwinism” approach generating frameworks that are true to the data, project goals and have maximum impact on the organisation. The approach works well on cross-cultural teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Framework fundamentals
- The Studio D “Framework Darwinism” process
- Levelling the team
- Stress testing
- Optimal frameworks for qualitative data
MODULE 3: SHARING FOR IMPACT
In a world of unlimited content and opinion, how to cut through the noise to deliver research that inspires and informs? What are the attributes of successful deliverables? Conversely what undermines the research and hinders propagation?
This module shares the Studio D approach going well beyond research decks and reports, to shape the DNA of teams and organisations.
- Why we share
- Organisational engagement strategies
- Understanding data metabolism
- The three audiences
- How to ensure timeliness and longevity
- Minimising corporate amnesia
- From facts to folklore
- Engaging the media and other external audiences
ONLINE MASTERCLASS FORMAT
The masterclass will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing with hands-on break out activities—as well as allocated time for conversations drawing on collective wisdom of the participants.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
The workshop is for anyone creating products and services for an international audience, including: designers, researchers, insights and innovation teams, in agencies, in-house, local and central government.
ABOUT YOUR HOST
The Field Study Fundamentals Masterclass is lead by Jan Chipchase, the founder of Studio D and the author of The Field Study Handbook. He has applied research to product, strategy, brand and communications for twenty years.
Studio D provides discreet research, design and strategy projects for commercial clients with a global remit. He previously founded and built the global research operations practice at frog design, across eight global studios, and started his career in Nokia, where he became Principal Scientist in the Tokyo Research Laboratory.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device