Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to any booking to attend Studio D events or projects, including Masterclasses, Retreats and Expeditions.
- The event is organised and managed by Studio D, a division of Fieldwork LLC, 3-27-6-B Taishido, Setagaya, Tokyo 154-0004 Japan.
- References to “us” means Fieldwork LLC and references to “we” and “our” shall be construed accordingly. Reference to “you” means the entity completing a booking request and references to “your” shall be construed accordingly.
- All applications to register for the event, and all orders to purchase the relevant item, are made subject to these terms & conditions (which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms you attempt to be incorporated into our agreement with you).
- All applications to register for the event are subject to availability and full payment being received by us.
3. Price & Payment
- The prices for attending the event, are set out on the relevant registration booking form or on our website. Prices are subject to change at our discretion.
- If full payment has not been received, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time and refuse entry.
4. Cancellation, Substitution, and Refund Policy
- We shall not be liable to you for travel, accommodation or other costs and expenses incurred (included wasted costs and expenses) if we are required to cancel or relocate the event as a result of an event outside our reasonable control (including, without limitation, to acts of God, floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts or threats of terrorism, strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action or a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness).
- See also our CANCELLATION POLICY.
All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the event (including but not limited to any documentation packs or audio or audio-visual recording of the event) (“Content”) are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content (save that use by the relevant delegate for internal business purposes shall be permitted), and in particular (but without limitation) you shall not (and shall procure that each of your delegates shall not):
- upload any Content into any shared system;
- include any Content in a database;
- include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
- transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
- make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
- use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- Suggestions or advice contained in the Content should not be relied upon in place of professional or other advice. Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by us is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information (whether supplied by us or third parties) before relying on it. The Content is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content.
- To the extent that any Content is made available by us online or in any other way other than physical hard copy form we reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- Our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to an event, shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of your booking to attend the event.
- We shall not be liable to you for: (i) any loss of profit, loss of or damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; or (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
- You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to an event.
- Nothing in this these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude a party's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- These terms and conditions (together with any documents referred to herein or required to be entered into pursuant to these terms and conditions) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersede all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions and any such document.
- You acknowledge that in registering a delegate place you have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- We are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
9. Code of Conduct
- All attendees, speakers and volunteers at our event are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. Our event is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the organisers.
Any other questions, please contact us.